MECHANIC WHYALLA DEPOT
Supportive & friendly team environment. Job diversity
Want to work for the biggest & best crane company in SA?
MAX is a leading heavy lifting, transport and equipment hire services company operating throughout South Australia and across the country, with the can-do capability for the safe, reliable and timely service to our customers across a broad range of industry. We have one of the largest fleets of mobile cranes operating in South Australia and we proudly boast a team of highly skilled trained operators, inhouse crane specialists, technicians and mechanics. We are driven by our values and we pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our customers.
We are currently seeking a mechanic to support our internal maintenance requirements. Reporting to Workshop Manager and Workshop Foreman, this position will be based at our Whyalla site.
You might be trade qualified or you might be a highly skilled trades assistant, with a background in mechanical and/or electrical diagnosis, repairs and maintenance. You will be rewarded with a permanent role with the opportunity to grow and diversify into our other operation streams if that interests you. We will reward you with competitive remuneration and all the support and training that you will need to be successful and you will be made to feel like part of our family.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Undertake fault finding and diagnostics across a variety of equipment including light vehicles, lifting and heavy haulage equipment
- Complete all field and workshop service works in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Effectively liaise and interact with both your internal and external customers and ensure high standards of customer service and interaction and keep them up to date in relation to their requirements
- Be able to work as part of a team but also alone when required
- Work within our and our customers safety and risk guidelines and specified time frames
You have a trade qualification or extensive experience in the industry. You have worked on mobile cranes, heavy earth moving equipment or trucks for a number of years or you have an exceptional mechanical ability. You will have a car licence, be able to drive a manual vehicle and you might even have a MC licence. You might have other high risk licences, forklift or EWP licence or have a desire to complete the training to get the required skills in this area. Most of all you will have a great attitude, be forward thinking and want to grow and be rewarded for your hard work.
Want to know more? Submit a resume or contact us to have a chat about the role and we might be able to help you find what you are looking for in a career.
MAX CRANES & MAX HEAVY LIFT
… are always on the lookout for ‘STANDOUT’ like-minded people to join our great business.
We are a company that truly cares and, are committed to the people that truly care and are committed to us!
We are a regionally based, country family business with 5 locations in the beautiful ‘Upper Spencer Gulf’ region of South Australia. With 1 business operating in the big smoke of Adelaide and our oil & gas operation in the Cooper Basin oil & gas fields – with Moomba being our only FIFO gig.
Our locations offer some of the most affordable lifestyle choices with a low cost of living, great fishing & crabbing, camping and recreation in the nearby Flinders Ranges, every sort of sport known to man with great schools, no traffic issues and a fantastic climate if you like it warm.
In almost all cases, our best people live where we work and our company values are;
Roles & Career opportunities are:
- Crane Crew 15 – 1200 tonne
- Operators, Dogman & Riggers
- Heavy Lift & Renewables
- Transport – HR – Road Train & Heavy Haulage
- Supervision & Management
- Safety & Compliance
- Mechanical Support, Diesel, Electrical & Hydraulic
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1. Not Negotiable – People that respect and practice our Company Values
2. Skilled & committed people willing to consider relocating for a great job & lifestyle
3. Committed people either in the area or willing to relocate and be up skilled, trained and are keen to grab a great opportunity
WHAT WE WILL GIVE IN RETURN
1. Full time employment
2. A safe, enjoyable and very well rewarded career
3. Relocation Assistance
4. A very affordable lifestyle which includes great communities, fishing, crabbing, camping and recreation
5. An opportunity to grow yourself and your family AND BE PART OF A GREAT COMPANY
WHAT WE AREN’T LOOKING FOR
Superstars or people with all the tickets & expectations, with little or no experience or exposure to general crane hire & serious heavy lift. We would rather train and up-skill good hard working and committed people. So if you are only in our Industry for money and nothing else, save your energy.
E.g. – If you have a CO with RA, have worked briefly on a wind farm project, walked past or sat in the seat of an LG 1750 for 10 minutes and claim to be an experienced operator save yourself the time and don’t apply.
If you have a CN, C6 etc and / or a riggers ticket have worked on a wind farm walked past or sat in the seat of an LG1750, would like to further yourself, be willing to relocate, be up skilled and trained according to your capabilities, be part of a great business with great Values and one day drive or crew on an LG or a pick & carry machine, a 350 tonne crawler or the biggest mobile crane in Australia (our LTM 11200) then by all means contact us.
HOW TO APPLY
Go to our website maxcranes.com.au and weave your magic through our employment page.
- We will need a cover letter (not generic)
- We will need your resume and qualifications with references (not your mates)
- I would like to know how old you are and your real reasons for applying. More than happy to employ older people – as I am one of them – but you must be willing to pass on your knowledge and experience to our ever increasing pool of young and mature aged trainees.
If you want to ask a couple of questions before applying call me, Mark K on 0400 546 654
PS. Looking forward to meeting you and employing you for a long time, if you can meet our simple criteria and enjoy working for us.
LIKE TO WORK @ MAX CRANES?
Please complete the form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter.