WHS Risk Manager
MAX Cranes is a fast-growing privately-owned crane, specialist transport, and equipment hire company, servicing customers in market segments including mining and resources, oil and gas, wind power, utilities, transport, industrial, and construction.
We have depots in Port Augusta, Adelaide, Port Pirie, Whyalla and Moomba.
We are seeking a highly skilled Work, Health and Safety Risk Manager to help us to manage our Safety and Quality compliance, drive and deliver safety initiatives across our multiple sites and promote a Can-do Safety culture with our employees.
You will need to have proven skills in the following (essential)
This role requires a values-based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a WHS leadership role at a multi-site level
- Comprehensive up to date knowledge of the Workplace Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Proven ability to develop and successfully audit, review and implement WHS Management Systems in line with AS4801 and AS9001
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles and related practices and procedures and proven ability to write and implement WHS policies, procedures and plans
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles, management best practice and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated practical and technical knowledge of safe work practices, hazard/risk assessment and management, WHS incident investigation, safe operating procedures, emergency response and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated history of implementing and maintaining Contractor Management Systems
The following skills would be beneficial (not essential)
- Bachelor’s degree or other tertiary related qualification in WHS/Safety Management or a related HSE oriented field
- Experience working in the crane/heavy/transport/mining or similar industry
The most suitable candidate will be offered remuneration commensurate to the experience and skills and a family friendly work environment where the working location could be negotiated to suit personal circumstances. There will be a requirement to travel intra-state and to isolated remote locations.
Applications close 08/07/2019
LIKE TO WORK @ MAX CRANES?
Please complete the form and attach a copy of your resume and a cover letter.